To effectively manage your product information with Bluestone PIM, it is important to create and organize your catalogs and categories.Creating catalogs and categories in Bluestone PIM is crucial for organizing your product information effectively. This allows for easier management and maintenance in the long run.
You can easily drag and drop catalogs to change the structure, and categories within the catalog, add, remove, modify products, and update the structure. Start by setting up your catalogs and categories early on to improve the efficiency of managing your product information.
To create and manage catalogs and categories, you must have either System Admin, PIM Write, or PIM Admin permissions. Please contact your system administrator if you require assistance.
Create a new catalog
Follow these simple steps to get started:
- Click the "Products" icon in the left main navigation bar.
- Click the "Settings" icon in the left panel and select "Manage Categories".
- To add a new catalog, click the plus icon (+) labeled "Add catalog".
- Enter a name for your new catalog in the text field.
- Click the green checkmark icon or press the "Enter" key on your keyboard to save your catalog.
- Your new catalog will now be published, and you can proceed to add categories or update the catalog settings.
- To access the catalog details panel, click on the name of the catalog you just created.
- From there, you can add new categories or update the settings for your catalog.
Please note: You cannot move or copy a category from one catalog to another.
Add a category
To add a category, hover over the catalog, and click on the More options (3 dots icon. Then, select Add category.
Please note! Category Numbers need to be unique within all catalogs. You can not have a category with Number "A-123" in one catalog and another category in another catalog with the same Number "A-123".
Tip! You can have multiple catalog structures that can be used for different channels.
Edit catalogs and categories
- To edit a catalog or category, hover over the catalog or category, and click on the Edit icon.
- The selected catalog or category panel will open on the right; you can edit CLAs, assets, policies, history, product sorter, rule engine, and SEO settings.
- Click the Update settings button to update the catalog or category.
Tip! Using category-level attributes, you can define a set of attributes that will be automatically assigned to every product in a given category.
Catalog and Categories Details Panel
When you click to edit an existing catalog or category, you will get details presented in a panel.
Details Category Level Attributes Assets
Policies History Product Sorter Rules Engine
You can get an overview of your catalog ID, Name, Number, and Description in the details tab.
Category Level Attributes Tab
In the Category Level Attributes (CLA) tab, you can add attributes to the products within the category.
- Click the icon to add an attribute to the catalog or category.
Please note: You need to assign options to the CLAs.
Learn more here Category Level Attributes Options
Attributes added in the category:
- The CLAs have 'Activate Propagation' activated, which means the attribute will affect all products in the category and all underlying subcategories. Learn more here Category Level Attributes Options
Attributes of the product:
Tip! With CLAs, you can effectively manage product attributes. With the CLA, you can manipulate the attribute on the products.
You can add assets to a catalog or category in the assets tab.
Upload new asset
- Click on the arrow to 'Upload new and assign.'
- Drop a file or select a file to upload.
Please note! The maximum upload single file size is 128MB
- Give the asset a name and description in the pop-up or inline edit once the asset is added to the catalog or category.
- You can download or unassign the asset in the catalog or category at any time.
Assign assets from the library
- Click on the 'Assign from library' button, which will show existing assets from the library.
- Click on the assets that match the product. Then click Ok.
Coming soon! Policies, history, and product sorter
Rules Engine Tab
The category assignment rule in the category tab is an automated rule triggers and conditions that determine the categorization of the product based on the attributes, categories, and products as value settings.
- Go to Settings, and select the Catalogs and categories.
- Click on any catalogs or categories, and the right detail panel is displayed.
- Click on the Rules Engine (Gear icon) tab.
- Some catalog or category has no rules assigned; If the Bluestone PIM account has role Rules Engine Write or Plugin Admin permission, it allows you to add a new rule from the catalog or category.
- It will direct you to the rules engine plugin, automatically selecting the catalog or category for a new rule.
- Allow you to manage category assignments with more options below;
Tip! You can find out more about the rules engine management and opportunities here.